Sunday, September 5, 2010

My favorite pitty is self-pitty

It's been a long time. I've been busy. I've done more physical labor this summer than in my previous, entire life. Still, I have these ideas for stories, and I think about them all the time.

And speaking of discipline, I've been dealing with self-discipline, with what some may call "chemical dependence". Sometimes I get rude and mean, and I don't want to be that way, but I also don't want to be bored. Some people don't want a drunk asshole around. Some people may even object to putting the " before the period, but screw them. I have more important things to worry about.

Point is, I'm not making any promises, but I felt a great pleasure writing my stories, and I think two or three people took some pleasure in reading them. And each story I started is a planned story. I know how it ends, I just haven't written it down because I'm lazy and because writing, for me, hurts at first. Hurts in a place I can't rub. But I'd like to finish them.

So, overly mawkish as I am, I'm none-the-less still here.

1 comment:

Alyx said...

Physical labor is good for the soul, sometimes. And self-discipline is better than none. *snort*

I'm glad you're still about, rude bugger though you can be sometimes. And I hope you will keep writing.